Troubleshooting Basics for Your LG Optimus VSave $80 on the Motorola Triumph Android Phone at Virgin Mobile!
When someone comes to me saying that X, Y, or Z is wrong with their Android phone (LG Optimus V or any other phone) or I have a problem with one of the phones I own, I have an easy three-step process that I go through myself every time.
Read Them! Practice Them! Memorize them!
Rock These Three Rules
1. Restart, Restart, Restart!
- “Soft Reset” – Restart your phone – Its simple, but it often works.
- “Hard Reset”
- turn off the phone
- pull the battery out of the phone
- put the battery back in
- turn the phone back on
2. Clean, Clean, Clean!
- Clean out your phone’s “cache” – There are many apps that can do that in one click, and I recommend using Superbox because I use it daily myself.
- Uninstall apps, starting with the ones most recently installed and work backwards. See if the problem with your phone is corrected after each uninstall, which should help you isolate the problem if the problem is caused by an app.
3. Reset, Reset, Reset!
- As a last resort, you will want to try resetting your phone to factory defaults, which essentially means that it will make all of the software, settings, and data go back to the way it was before you took it out of the package for the first time.
- You can reset the phone by pressing the menu button from the home screen – On the LG Optimus V, it is the far left physical button – and then select “Settings”. From the “Settings” menu, scroll to the “Privacy” option and select it. The “Privacy” menu only has one option in the LG Optimus V called “Factory Data Reset”. Select it and follow the prompts to reset your phone completely.
- Make sure that if you are able to do so that you backup your data before resetting, as it will completely wipe your phone (not your microSD card, however).
If you have gone through all of these steps and the problem with your phone remains, then you need to contact Virgin Mobile for warranty service unless you know that you are the one that broke it by dropping or drowning it.
See my How to Get Warranty Service for Your Broken LG Optimus V article to get the skinny on how to get a new replacement phone from Virgin Mobile fast and painless.